BUILDING & DECOR

 

Built between 1929 and 1930, the Capital Club Building is a registered historic property located at

16 West Martin Street in downtown Raleigh. 

               


For years the building was home to a men’s social and literary club. On the building’s 12th floor, the original ballroom’s master craftsmanship in the moldings and columns, 14 foot ceilings and hardwood floors still remains.   



From the reclaimed wood to salvaged pieces to vintage subway tile, Capital Club 16’s décor is inspired by the building’s history and time period.


The restaurant’s chairs are from one of NYC’s Horn & Hardart automats. The tables are made of old growth heart pine lumber salvaged from various NC mills dating back to the 1800s.





The bar and backbar are handmade out of reclaimed wood from one of Manhattan’s landmarks - Luchow’s restaurant, open for 100 years, from 1882-1982, in the heart of Union Square.  The bar top is milled from old growth heart pine reclaimed from 19th century Neuse River docks. Family pictures and other things special to us are hanging on the walls as well.